Diana Themyscira is the CEO of Themyscira Industries and a superhero under the name Wonder Woman. She also maintains a third identity in order to escape public life, Diana Prince.
Becoming Wonder Woman
Diana broke off with her boyfriend Steve Trevor and moved her operations to Los Angeles in order to reach her full potential as a hero, and set up the costumed identity and company to fund her activities. She specifically designed the costume so an action figure could be made, and later redesigned it as she was not comfortable with it. Her company also gives out scholarships to the less fortunate.
Those scholarships brought her in contact with Veronica Cale, after one prospect suffered side effects from performance enhancing drugs Cale-Anderson Pharmaceuticals made. She made a very public campaign against her, operating where the Los Angeles Police Department couldn't. Nonetheless, Detective Indelicato had to constantly remind her he couldn't help her, because any criminals would walk if he was fraternizing with a vigilante.
Wonder Woman's take down of Cale earned her respect from the press and public, though it did put the Justice Department on her back. To that end, they sent a lawyer to act as a liaison—Steve Trevor.
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race of warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. The average Amazon possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as the Amazons stay on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the unsold 2011 Wonder Woman pilot and is an adaptation of Wonder Woman. The original character was created by William Moulton Marston and Harry G. Peter and first appeared in All-Star Comics #8.
- Wonder Woman was played by Adrianne Palicki.
- Beyond the name of the company, no reference is made to any Amazon (or other) roots.
- Wonder Woman Recommended Reading
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Comic Cavalcade (Volume 1)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- The Legend of Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- The Legend of Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 3)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 4)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 5)
- 1 Appearances of Diana Themyscira (Wonder Woman 2011 Pilot)
- 3 Images featuring Diana Themyscira (Wonder Woman 2011 Pilot)
- Quotations by or about Diana Themyscira (Wonder Woman 2011 Pilot)
- Character Gallery: Diana Themyscira (Wonder Woman 2011 Pilot)