Diana of Themyscira is the original Wonder Woman, and one of the last heroes at the end of time.
Wonder Woman was once one of Earth's greatest heroes, and a member of the Justice League until the group collapsed. In the shadow of a undefined war that involved Themyscira, Diana took over as leader of the island nation, and separated it from man's world once more. In her time away, several other Amazons adopted her title, including Yara Flor and Nubia.
An unimaginably long time later, at the end of everything, Diana and the Amazons had control of all that remained of Earth. They, alongside Superman and Swamp Thing, bore witness to a great Undoing of the universe, and engaged in battle against the ancient evil Darkseid one final time.
Darkseid killed the Amazons and Swamp Thing, and was defeated only when Superman sacrificed himself and the sun to kill him. Now alone, Wonder Woman wandered the nearly empty universe for centuries. She eventually stumbled across Brainiac's Skull Ship, where she met The Spectre. The Spectre told Diana they were all that remained, and that he wished to die.
Diana allowed the Spectre to finally end his existence and prepared for a final battle against the Undoing. She was overwhelmed and resigned herself to death, however, a mysterious energy began to radiate from the Bracelets of Submission. Diana struck the bracelets together, creating a new Big Bang and universe.
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race of warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. The average Amazon possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as the Amazons stay on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- Amazonian Training: The Amazons honed their skills in many fields, aided by the gifts from Athena and Artemis.
- 6 Appearances of Diana of Themyscira (Future State)
- 3 Images featuring Diana of Themyscira (Future State)
- 3 Quotations by or about Diana of Themyscira (Future State)
- Character Gallery: Diana of Themyscira (Future State)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.