Diana of Themyscira is the princess of the Amazons and the hero and Justice League member called Wonder Woman.
After a chain of strange attacks from assorted mythological beasts which appear, attack and disappear without a trace, Wonder Woman decides the Amazons need avail themselves of the services of a detective; but since Batman can't come, he recommends Mystery, Inc. due to their specialization in supernatural mysteries.
Wonder Woman calls the crime-solving teenager group and invitates Daphne Blake and Velma Dinkley to take part in a sparring session before telling them about the strange attacks. Eventually the true culprit is found. It turns out to be the Duke of Deception, who engineered a convoluted scheme to render the Amazons powerless. Wonder Woman deals with him -very, very- quickly, and she and her royal mother bestow the title of "honorary Amazons" upon Velma and Daphne afterwards.
Later Wonder Woman and other Leaguers were shrunk and trapped in a bottle by the Legion of Doom. Fortunately the Leaguers were released and beat the Legion down.
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race of warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. The average Amazon possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as the Amazons stay on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- This version of Wonder Woman first appeared in Scooby-Doo! Team-Up #5 by Sholly Fisch and Dario Brizuela and is an adaptation from the original Wonder Woman/Diana Prince created by William Moulton Marston and Harry G. Peter which first appeared in All-Star Comics #8.
- Wonder Woman Recommended Reading
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Comic Cavalcade (Volume 1)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- The Legend of Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- The Legend of Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 3)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 4)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 5)
- 3 Appearances of Diana of Themyscira (Scooby-Doo Team-Up)
- 5 Images featuring Diana of Themyscira (Scooby-Doo Team-Up)
- 1 Quotations by or about Diana of Themyscira (Scooby-Doo Team-Up)
- Character Gallery: Diana of Themyscira (Scooby-Doo Team-Up)
|Wonder Woman Family member|
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.