Diana of Themyscira is the heroine Wonder Woman.
The daughter of Hippolyta of Themyscira. Around 1991, the young Diana came across a young boy, who had washed ashore on the island, following a plane crash. Rather than informing her mother and the other Amazons, Diana kept the boy hidden for five years. When the boy was finally discovered, Diana's mother departed the island with him, to return him to his home.
Five years later, Diana's mother still hadn't returned. So, Diana decided to leave the island and go looking for her. Eventually coming to the United States, Diana was unable to find her mother. Instead, her search kept bringing her to those who couldn't help themselves.
About 2012, Diana saved the life of senator Kent. An incident that attracted the attention of the senator's son, Clark Kent (AKA Superman). Together, they found themselves drawn into the schemes of Felix Faust. Events that reunited Diana with Steve Trevor, the boy that she had saved 20 years earlier, and learning that her mother was still alive. Not long after, Diana found herself arrested by the D.E.O., with their then director being blackmailed by Faust.
Diana was taken to their base for interrogation, but she was secretly working with Clark to find her mother, who was a prisoner of the D.E.O.. The pair managed to find Hippolyta, but Faust managed to free Hades, whom Hippolyta had once helped to imprison. Realizing that Superman needed her help, Diana donned the armor previously worn by her mother and helped defeating him. In the aftermath, Diana was dubbed "Wonder Woman" by President Martinez. Rather than going back to Themyscira with her mother, Diana chose to remain in the United States as a representative of the island and to fight for truth and justice. With the aid of Steve, the new D.E.O. director, Diana set up a secret identity for herself as "Diana Prince", a D.E.O. agent.
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race of warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. The average Amazon possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as the Amazons stay on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- Amazonian Training: The Amazons honed their skills in many fields, aided by the gifts from Athena and Artemis.
- Diana technically only appeared in season 11. However, a vision in "Hourglass" features a brief glimpse of her skeleton with her bracelets and tiara.
- In "Fortune", Chloe Sullivan mentions that she's met a "wondrous woman". However, Diana's appearance in season 11 doesn't line up with this. Meaning that it was not her.
- 17 Appearances of Diana of Themyscira (Smallville)
- 7 Images featuring Diana of Themyscira (Smallville)
- Quotations by or about Diana of Themyscira (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Diana of Themyscira (Smallville)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.