Batman Character Guide [INTERACTIVE]
Do you like this video?
Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Dionysus is the Greek God of Wine and Ecstasy, mostly neutral in the affairs of his other Gods.
Powers and Abilities
- Molecular Reconstruction: Dionysus can transform humans into animals, through mere proximity.
- This character is an adaptation of Dionysus, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Dionysus was created by George Perez, first appearing in Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #7. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Dionysus first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Wonder Woman (Volume 4) #13 by Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang.
- 16 Appearances of Dionysus (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Dionysus (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Dionysus (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Dionysus (Prime Earth)