Doctor Bedlam is a member of Darkseid's elite, a disembodied being that inhabits artificial bodies called "animates". He is one of Darkseid's chief scientists, he is mainly researching terror-inducing mind manipulation. One of his inventions is the Paranoid Pill.
- No Physical Body: Doctor Bedlam is a being of pure psionic energy and has no true body anymore, but when he inhabits one of his artificial bodies he retains the powers and abilities found in all New Gods.
- Possession: In his new form as an energy consciousness Bedlam can possess his own bio-mechanical android animates to resume a physical form. He can control six animates at once.
- Doctor Bedlam's Animates
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Although he has once assumed the identity of Baron Bedlam, Doctor Bedlam is not to be confused with the Markovian insurrectionist, Baron Bedlam.
- 28 Appearances of Doctor Bedlam (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Doctor Bedlam (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Doctor Bedlam (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Doctor Bedlam (New Earth)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.