Tex Thompson at that time was operating in Germany as a Gestapo officer, Hauptmann Riker. Doctor Ito deduced that Riker was a phony, and exposed him, but failed to capture, kill, or even injure him, in two hand-to-hand fights, or to prevent the destruction of an important new U-boat. This was Doctor Ito's first serious defeat, and he became obsessed with avenging it.
Americommando adopted a new fake identity, as French landscape painter Jean Valjean. Ito also exposed this cover, but again failed to capture or kill Thompson. Doctor Ito and the Americommando clashed a third time, after Ito had taken command of a concentration camp in France. Thompson succeeded in freeing several prisoners, blowing up an important bridge, and escaping.
At their end of their fourth encounter, in Rumania, the Americommando had set fire to an important oil field, and Doctor Ito had been thrown from a moving locomotive, over a cliff, to bounce off some rocks and into the Dâmbovița River.
- Military Protocol In mid-1943, Doctor Ito had full authority over all of Germany's armed forces.
- Espionage Ito exposed at least two fake identities of one enemy secret agent.
- terrible swordsman 
- Enemy of Americommando
- This version of Doctor Ito, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 6 Appearances of Doctor Ito (Earth-Two)
- 2 Images featuring Doctor Ito (Earth-Two)
- 1 Quotations by or about Doctor Ito (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Doctor Ito (Earth-Two)