Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Some time into the rule of Corum Rath Dolphin was based in the Ninth Tride of Atlantis, where many poor and destitute people made their homes. Dolphin was with a group of friends when Corum's soldiers began harassing her and her allies. When one of the soldiers touched her she slashed him with her webbed claws, revealing her mutation in the process. The soldiers decided that she was to be executed for her mutation, however before they could make there move against Dolphin they were attacked by the Aquaman. After taking care of the soldiers Aquaman told Dolphin to take her friends and hide but she refused, insisting that she come with Aquaman.
A short while later Dolphin and Aquaman were fleeing from Corum's forces once again when they were surrounded. Deciding the only way out of their situation was to fight the pair prepared themselves, however a massive crash shook the city prompting Corum's forces to investigate the cause. In the ensuing chaos Dolphin and Aquaman were able to slip away, out of options Dolphin decided to take Aquaman to one of her hiding places. The pair met with some of Dolphin's fellow outcasts and the group sat to eat. Not long after the chief enforcer Kadaver of the local crime boss Krush entered the hideout and killed all of Dolphin's friends, he then proceeded to capture Aquaman and Dolphin.
- Atlantean Physiology: The Atlanteans are offshoots of humanity that are biologically adapted to the deep ocean environment. All their abilities are by-products of their bodies being adapted to survive unprotected in the tremendous pressures of the ocean depths.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability: Dolphin is able to withstand the huge pressures of deep ocean.
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Speed
- Enhanced Senses
- Mutation: Dolphin is what Atlanteans refer to as a mutant; a sea changed. She can freely shift between her Ichthyoid and humanoid aspects by force of will, allowing her to pass as a normalized Atlantean if need be.
- Bioluminescence: Dolphin is able to create a burst of light temporary blinding several Atlanteans, in some cases causing epileptic seizures in the affected.
- Camouflage: Dolphin is able to make her scaly arms and legs look normal.
- Claws: Dolphin's Webbed Hands are razor sharp being able to slice through an Atlantean's armor and flesh.
- Adept Combatant: Dolphin has shown herself to be a capable fighter, she was able to combat multiple members of the Drift who are highly trained in hand-to-hand combat.
- Master Swimmer: Dolphin is an Atlantean who has lived her life under the sea, because of this swimming is second nature and is easier then walking to her.
- Mutism: For unknown reasons Dolphin is incapable of communicating verbally, this means she often struggles finding ways to provide her thoughts with people.
- Dolphin was created by Jay Scott Pike, first appearing in Showcase #79. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Dolphin first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Aquaman (Volume 8) #25 by Dan Abnett and Stjepan Šejić.
- 18 Appearances of Dolphin (Prime Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Dolphin (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Dolphin (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Dolphin (Prime Earth)
|Aquaman Family member|
This character is or was an ally of Aquaman, and a member of the Aqua-Family and/or its supporting cast. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Aquaman Supporting Cast" category. See also: Aquaman Villains.