Don Powers was a police scientist and friend of Aquaman.
After leaving the force, Powers set up "Powers Investigations - Private Laboratories" to aid in his secret war on crime as the super-hero, the Crusader. Aquaman described the Crusader as a two-bit super-hero who tried to join the Justice League, but was turned down as his methods were too violent.
As he had been hampered at night by his poor eyesight, Powers devised and sent into orbit a mirrored satellite which provided daylight to the city at night and made it possible for him to fight crime during those hours. However, the added daylight caused algae to grow at an incredible rate in the area, and the mossy growth was threatening to engulf the city.
When Aquaman heard of the problem, he immediately went to Detroit and learned of Powers's part in the plot. At first he was repelled by the Crusader's employees, but he later managed to destroy the satellite and thus halt the growth of algae.
Witnesses indicated that The Crusader was running over rooftops when he tripped on some wires and fell to his death.
- Failing eyesight
- This version of the Crusader, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Don Powers (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Don Powers (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Don Powers (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Don Powers (Earth-One)