Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
In 1945, Donna Troy is training on Demon's Island with the rest of the Warrior Women. As Queen Hippolyta's daughter, Donna was given the toughest training, pushing her to her potential, embracing her people's code of being fearless, relentless, and merciless. In the process of her training, Donna found a downed airplane pilot Steve Trevor and instantly fell in love with him. Trevor had came to Demon's Island to seek their warriors for help in the Second World War against the other side's superhuman soldiers.
The Warrior Women and Donna declined to offer aid to Trevor, which forced him to betray Donna's trust by taking her hostage before Queen Hippolyta. He threatens to take her life unless Queen Hippolyta gives some of her soldiers to him to fight in the war. But to Trevor's surprise, Queen Hippolyta only tells him to kill Donna. She then tells her daughter that she expects more of her being stronger than, and not "soft", like her sister Diana, and that she must save herself. Donna effortlessly breaks out of Trevor's grip and impales his sword into his chest.
Queen Hippolyta regard this as Donna's final lesson: for learning that emotions and words are weapons and tools. As Trevor had manipulated Donna's emotions that had brought her guard down. After Donna finally kills Trevor by breaking his neck, Queen Hippolyta tells her daughter that she is ready to face Man's World that is soon to be in an age of demigods.
Donna would eventually infiltrate, rise to a position of power, find other super-powered beings, and forge them into "her" weapons. Thus she swears that she will one day return to Demon's Island with an army and kill her mother and take the throne, making Queen Hippolyta finally proud of her.
Powers and Abilities
- Amazonian Physiology
- Amazonian Training: The Amazons honed their skills in many fields, aided by the gifts from Athena and Artemis.
- Indomitable Will: She claims to be powerful in body and mind, and would never give in to Starro's mind control.
- Sword and Shield
- Donna Troy was created by Bob Haney and Bruno Premiani, first appearing in The Brave and the Bold #60. However, her Earth 3 incarnation first appeared in Future State: Suicide Squad #1 by Robbie Thompson and Javi Fernandez, and, in the Earth 3 main continuity, Donna Troy first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Crime Syndicate #1 by Andy Schmidt and Kieran McKeown.
- Donna Troy/Superwoman did not exist in the Post-Flashpoint continuity until the Hands rebooted the Multiverse, totally altering the history of Earth 3.
- 7 Appearances of Donna Troy (Earth 3)
- 7 Images featuring Donna Troy (Earth 3)
- 2 Quotations by or about Donna Troy (Earth 3)
- Character Gallery: Donna Troy (Earth 3)
|Crime Syndicate/Society member|
This character is or was primarily a member of the the CSA (Crime Syndicate of America • Crime Syndicate of Amerika • Crime Society of America), in any of its various incarnations, either on Earth-Three, Earth-3, Earth 3, or in the Antimatter Universe. As with all other CSA members, they are an evil version of a hero of the mainstream DC Universe, primarily the Justice League. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "CSA members" category.