The creature known as Doomsday was born out of Kryptonian genetic experiments. General Zod and his wife, Faora, combined their own DNA with that of the most violent and strongest creatures on the planet. They sent the genetic material to Earth, where it created a boy, who was later named Davis Bloome. Throughout Bloome's life, Doomsday would occasionally emerge and murder people. Sometimes, he would get killed, but was then resurrected again. His adaptive biology made it impossible for Doomsday to be killed the same way twice.
Doomsday was ultimately split from Bloome, after Chloe Sullivan used black Kryptonite on them. Doomsday went on a violent rampage throughout Metropolis but was soon confronted by the Kryptonian Clark Kent. The two fought, but Clark managed to tackle Doomsday down into a ten-mile deep tunnel, which Clark's friends collapsed with explosives, killing him.
No longer having the genetic material of Bloome in his body, Doomsday was no longer able to resurrect himself. In the 31st Century, Doomsday's remains were discovered by Kirt Niedrigh. Niedrigh managed to acquire the genetic material of an unborn child of clones of Faora and Zod (a genetic sibling of Bloome). By integrating the genetic material into Doomsday's remains, Niedrigh was able to trigger the resurrection of Doomsday, whom Niedrigh sent to New Krypton, to wipe out the population. Once more, Doomsday was confronted by Clark (now known as "Superman"), who had come to the 31st Century and fought Doomsday alongside the Legion. They fought until Superman managed to throw Doomsday into the sun, presumably killing him.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Stamina
- Accelerated Healing
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and its tie-in and comic book series, Smallville and Smallville Season 11. It is an adaptation of Doomsday. The original character was created by Dan Jurgens, Jerry Ordway, and Louise Simonson and first appeared in Superman: The Man of Steel #17.
- Doomsday (the "monster") was played by Dario Delacio.
- 13 Appearances of Doomsday (Smallville)
- 3 Images featuring Doomsday (Smallville)
- Quotations by or about Doomsday (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Doomsday (Smallville)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Bloodline
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Plastique
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Eternal
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Doomsday
- ↑ Smallville Season 11 #14
- ↑ Smallville Season 11 #15
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Bride
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Prey
|Smallville television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: Smallville Characters.|
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
|Legion of Super-Heroes Villain(s)|
This character or group of characters is or was primarily an enemy of the Legion of Super-Heroes from the 31st Century, and may have existed in any of the various Legion continuities, including but not limited to the Original Legion, Reboot Legion, and the Prime Legion. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Legion of Super-Heroes villains" category.