Doreen Day was a young woman who attended school at Bradley High School in Manhattan. It was here that she met fellow student, Ronnie Raymond. Doreen and Ronnie soon developed a romantic relationship with one another, but she quickly found herself misplacing her trust in Ronnie due to his irresponsible behavior and unexplainable absences. Little did she know, that Ronnie was one-half of the super-hero composite being known as Firestorm. Doreen broke up with Ronnie at some point during their sophomore year.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Doreen's sister, Summer, was the super-villain known as the Hyena.
- Doreen was one of many students from Bradley High to suffer from the antics of renowned jerk, Cliff Carmichael.
- Doreen was one of several characters from Firestorm's supporting cast whose name was an alliteration. Other such characters would include: Clarissa Clemens, Cliff Carmichael, Jefferson Jackson, Ronnie Raymond and Quentin Quale.
- 55 Appearances of Doreen Day (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Doreen Day (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Doreen Day (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Doreen Day (New Earth)