- I isolated her, and in her terror she spawned imaginary creatures, but when she got older... the creatures became more dangerous. Even here. Left to her own devices, she could unleash a being so powerful, it would cleave the Earth in two. And all it would take... is for Dorothy to wish it so.
Dorothy Spinner is the daughter of Niles Caulder, and a metahuman with the ability to bring imaginary beings from her mind into and out of creation. Caulder performed several experiments to make himself immortal and outlive her, since if she were to lose her father, her grief could unleash her most powerful friend, the Candlemaker, and end the world.
- Longevity: Dorothy ages much slower than an ordinary human, having remained a little girl for most of her life since the early 1900s.
- Imaginary Friend Creation: Dorothy can spawn her imaginary friends. Though she can't always control when other people see them, they're only able to interact with the world with her nearby.
- Power Instability: Dorothy can sometimes lose control of her imaginary friends, having them come into existence without her permission.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Doom Patrol and is an adaptation of Dorothy Spinner. The original character was created by Paul Kupperberg and Erik Larsen and first appeared in Doom Patrol (Volume 2) #14.
- Dorothy is portrayed by Abigail Shapiro.
- 10 Appearances of Dorothy Spinner (Doom Patrol TV Series)
- 1 Images featuring Dorothy Spinner (Doom Patrol TV Series)
- Quotations by or about Dorothy Spinner (Doom Patrol TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Dorothy Spinner (Doom Patrol TV Series)
Doom Patrol member