Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Dream was one of the Endless, personifications of ideas and concepts that were tied to life, and were fated to fulfill their functions until the universe ended and all life disappeared from the cosmos.
After the death of Dream, he was succeeded by Daniel Hall as Lord of the Dreaming.
- Personification of Dreams: One of the seven Endless, inconceivably powerful beings, Dream is both lord and personification of all dreams and stories, all that is not in reality. He controls sleep, dreams, nightmares, and insomnia.
- Cosmic Awareness: As guardian and ruler of the Dreaming, Morpheus had access to all stories ever told. Dream effectively knows almost everything, including how the Omniverse was created and the stories yet to be told.
- Storytelling: As the lord of all stories ever told, Dream was masterful storyteller.
- Dream was created by Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth, and Mike Dringenberg, first appearing in Sandman (Volume 2) #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Dream first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in The Sandman Universe #1 by Neil Gaiman, Simon Spurrier, and Kat Howard.
- 6 Appearances of Dream (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Dream (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Dream (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Dream (Prime Earth)