Demonia was a member of the Omega Men.
Years ago, Demonia and her sister Harpis traveled from their home world Aello to work as professional providers at Mama Madame's bordello on Rashashoon. While Harpis merely wanted a career that would give her money and companionship, Demonia's goals were loftier. She coveted power. She believed that developing a network of connections at the bordello might give her some clout amongst the conquering empire known as the Citadel. As it turned out however, Demonia's sister proved to be the more popular and sought after companion on Rashashoon.
Some three years before the Citadel War, the Tamaranean Citadel commander Blackfire came to Rashashoon in search of suitable mates for her soldiers. Demonia and Harpis were both selected, but Blackfire forced them to undergo extensive genetic modification to make them more appealing to their chosen mates. Demonia took on the physical characteristics of a serpent - a form that mirrored her twisted, manipulative nature. Unlike her sister who was reviled by their respective changes, Demonia embraced her newfound form for she had finally achieved what she had always wanted - power. Though a schemer by nature, Demonia was always genuinely protective of her sister, even to a fault. During the Great Wars, she witnessed Harpis' lover Delingis Jarouq fall in battle. Jarouq survived the attack, though he was greatly injured. Demonia believed that Harpis' continued love affair with a known revolutionary would ultimately spell her doom, she lied to her sister, stating that Delingis had been killed.
Soon after, Harpis elected to join an elite unit of revolutionaries called the Omega Men. Demonia decided to join as well to keep an eye on her sister, but she did not share the same virtues and passion for freedom as the others. Instead, she decided to covertly ply the favor of the Citadel by betraying the Omega Men. At the onset of the Citadel War, Demonia began manipulating the emotions of those around her. She distributed two medallions between two loyalists, which, unbeknownst to the wearers, had the ability to control the minds of others. She began sowing seeds of distrust, deftly insinuating to others that Primus was using his mental powers to force people into following him. She instigated an intense rivalry for leadership of the Omega Men between Primus and Tigorr. When Primus and Tigorr finally came to blows, Demonia sent a transmission to the Citadel and gave them the coordinates of the Omega Men's base of operations on Slagg. Tigorr soon discovered Demonia's betrayal and the two fought one another. Tigorr proved victorious however and Demonia was killed.
Powers and Abilities
- Unique Physiology: Demonia's physiology is radically altered from that of most people of Aello. Originally Demonia had yellow skin and green hair, following genetic modification, she was given reptilian features including a scaly hide, red eyes, claws and a forked tongue.
- Transformation: Demonia can shape-shift her body into the form of a giant serpent. As a serpent, her size and mass increases exponentially and she possesses sharpened fangs and lightning reflexes.
- Deception: Demonia had a cunning mind and was able to easily manipulate the emotions of others.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 21 Appearances of Duarmzshee-Paan (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Duarmzshee-Paan (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Duarmzshee-Paan (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Duarmzshee-Paan (New Earth)
|Omega Men member|
This character is or was a member of the Omega Men, intergalactic freedom fighters who operate in the Vega system, one of the most dangerous sectors of the universe. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Omega Men members category."