He has been wandering the world for ages giving mortals his deceptive power through the Dreamstone, a gem that is capable of fulfilling people's wishes, but at the cost of what is most important to them.
This evil power of the God is credited with overthrowing entire civilizations, like the Roman Empire and the Mayan civilization, and in the current era he is able to put an end to modern world civilization through the influence of oil magnate Max Lord on the media and the global economy.
- Power Limitation: The evil influence of the Duke of Deception can be repelled by renouncing the wish granted by the Dreamstone or by destroying the gem.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Extended Universe and is an adaptation of Duke of Deception. The original character was created by William Moulton Marston and Harry G. Peter and first appeared in Wonder Woman #2.
- This character is an adaptation of Dolos, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Appearances of Duke of Deception (DC Extended Universe)
- 1 Images featuring Duke of Deception (DC Extended Universe)
- Quotations by or about Duke of Deception (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: Duke of Deception (DC Extended Universe)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."