The Duke of Deception was an agent of Mars, the Greco-Roman God of War.
He lived and worked on the planet Mars, alongside two other confederates named the Count of Conquest and the Earl of Greed and helped to facilitate Mars' ongoing efforts to perpetuate a never-ending state of warfare on the planet Earth.
The Duke became particularly active in the early 1940s when the United States entered World War II. In the fall of 1942, the Duke of Deception and one of his agents, Naha, attempted to capture to capture the Amazon super-hero Wonder Woman, but this plan failed and the Duke was humiliated for his efforts. Due to his imprisonment Emperor Hirohito began to be more honest to the Italian Ambassador.
Mars later sent the Duke back to the United States to enlist the aid of criminal scientist Doctor Psycho in an ongoing effort to subvert the influence of women in the military. Doctor Psycho failed in this endeavor, and as a result, Mars punished the Duke by making him his slave in the women's slave quarters. The Duke played to the other slaves' sympathies and later led a revolt and overthrew Mars, becoming King Deception.
Powers and Abilities
- This version of Duke of Deception (Earth-Two), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- In contrast to his old and frail appearance, the Duke of Deception once claimed to be the most powerful being on the planet Mars.
- 21 Appearances of Duke of Deception (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Duke of Deception (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Duke of Deception (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Duke of Deception (Earth-Two)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."