Tex Thompson was a crimefighter who disappeared from the American eye in 1942 to fight the Nazi threat from within. He killed the German superhero Parsifal and Adolf Hitler himself. He returned to America a hero and becomes a senator with presidential aspirations.
He organized a program to defend America from the Soviet menace with a new group of superheroes. He rallied the Atom, Robotman, and Daniel Dunbar to his cause. He used a group of scientists to transform Dunbar into Dynaman, "a super-hero for the new age."
The heroes of the story discover that Tex Thompson had actually been killed in the war. The man who returned was actually the Ultra-Humanite. The Ultra-Humanite told Hitler that Thompson was a spy, so they killed him and put Ultra's brain into Thompson's body. The experiment which created Dynaman was actually the Humanite putting Hitler's brain in Dunbar's body. Ultra-Humanite was stopped by Manhunter, who had witnessed the operation, but suffered from memory loss after hitting his head trying to escape.
Once transformed into a superpowered being, Dynaman was groomed to assist Thomson when he becomes president of the United States. The plot is revealed by the JSA, who fought him in a massive battle where many lost their lives. After being softened up by Green Lantern, Dynaman was finally killed by Liberty Belle.
- Explosions: the explosive power from Dan's body was augmented after the experiments;
- Superhuman Strength: reportedly the strength of at least 1000 men;
- Flight: can ultrapasse some machs.
- Superhuman Agility: though with some difficulty, he was fast enough to hit Johnny Quick.
- Tactical Analysis: Hitler was an expert political strategist and tactician.
- Charisma: Hitler seduced millions of peoples in their domination plans.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): he conserve the martial reflexes from Dan the Dynamite.
- Political Science
- Artistry: Hitler was also schooled in the fields of writing and painting. While serving time in prison, Hitler wrote a best selling autobiography entitled Mein Kampf (English translation: My Struggle or My Fight).
- His invulnerability will fail after a huge quantity of attacks, a point where he could be damaged by weaker attacks.
- This character was native to the JSA: The Golden Age series of stories.
- 3 Appearances of Dynaman (JSA: The Golden Age)
- 3 Images featuring Dynaman (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Quotations by or about Dynaman (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Character Gallery: Dynaman (JSA: The Golden Age)
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.