Reality names were reused several times. See also Earth-Seventeen, Earth 17, Arrowverse: Earth-17. Earth-17 is one of fifty-one divergent realities that branched from the core New Earth reality during the recreation of the Multiverse shortly following the events of Infinite Crisis.
Somewhere in this Earth's past, there was a disaster - referred to by the inhabitants as the Great Disaster. Some say it involved atomic weapons, others say the mysterious chemical called Cortexin was involved somehow.
Little is known about this Earth, except that it is described as "glowing with radioactivity and hope". It is home to intelligent animals and human slaves who have mostly lost the power of speech. However, the planet survives, and people there are hard at work to put the planet on an equal footing with its parallel counterparts.
Points of Interest
- It is one of the alternate realities of the post-Infinite Crisis Multiverse.
- It contains elements of the pre-Crisis Atomic Knights and Kamandi stories, also known as Earth-AD (After Disaster).
- Simians make up much of the Earth's population. As such, an ape is this Earth's Starman.
- Characters from Earth-17 appear as playable characters in the Infinite Crisis video game. These characters are Atomic Green Lantern, Atomic Joker, Atomic Poison Ivy, and Atomic Wonder Woman.
- This reality has some traits similar to those of Earth-51 and Earth 51.
- Characters from Earth-17
- Other things related to Earth-17
- Earth-17's Comic Appearances
- Reality Gallery: Earth-17
Links and References