Earth-1938 is a parallel world in which Earth was invaded by Martians in 1938 and caused World War II to never happen, as some of the major nations such as Nazi Germany - which saw Adolf Hitler killed - were devastated by the invasion. The invasion was stopped and the world saved by the Kryptonian Clark Kent, at the cost of his life. Acting on Clark's insight, Lex Luthor quickly found a way to destroy the remaining Martians. As a result, Earth's nations begin their road to recovery. Germany, Japan, Italy and the former Soviet Union elected semi-democratic governments while Great Britain succumbed to fascism and elected Oswald Mosley as its leader. In the United States, John Nance Garner became President and Luthor became the new Vice President.
- Earth-1938's numeric designation corresponds to the year 1938 in which Superman was introduced and was also the year of the well-known radio broadcast of The War of the Worlds.
- The Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Compendium stated this was "revealed as a distinct parallel Earth in The Kingdom #2" making this reality part of hypertime.
- No trivia.
- Characters from Earth-1938
- Other things related to Earth-1938
- Earth-1938's Comic Appearances
- Reality Gallery: Earth-1938
Links and References