Reality names were reused several times. See also Earth 22, Earth -22.
Earth-22 is one of fifty-one divergent realities that branched from the core New Earth reality during the recreation of the Multiverse shortly following the events of Infinite Crisis.
On this Earth, after the Justice Society of America broke up, no organization stepped up to follow on their role as an examples to the younger heroes, but the examples of individual heroes was enough... until Magog. This violent superhuman vigilante killed the Joker in revenge for his murder of the entire Daily Planet staff. His subsequent public pardoning broke Superman's faith in justice, and for ten years he went into seclusion while younger heroes followed the example of Magog, becoming little different from the criminals they fought.
Magog's Justice Battalion ultimately caused a disaster which left most of Kansas a radioactive no-go zone and shocked Superman out of retirement. Uniting his friends into a "justice league", he inadvertently sparked a war between two factions of superhumans that grew so cataclysmic that it caused the United Nations to launch a nuclear strike on the battle site. Superman survived and attempted to kill the United Nations in response, but was talked down by pastor Norman McCay and the other surviving superheroes. This led Superman to become an active example to the heroes of the world.
Unlike some other universes, Earth-22's future is fairly concrete:
- 1 year after the Gulag battle – Superman builds a memorial to the fallen heroes and he and Wonder Woman find love.
- 10 years after the Gulag battle – Clark and Diana have family of super children.
- 20 years after the Gulag battle – Batman will die.
- 100 years after the Gulag battle – Mankind will leave Earth for the stars, shepherded by the children of Superman & Wonder Woman.
- 200 years after the Gulag battle – Sea levels will rise, covering New York.
- 500 years after the Gulag battle – Civilization will rebuild itself on Earth.
- 1000 years after the Gulag battle – Earth will be the home to the United Planets, protected by the Legion of Super-Heroes, and Superman, impossibly old and aged but still alive, evidently lives a life of contented anonymity.
Points of Interest
- Restoration Isle
- New York City
Main article: Category:Earth-22 Characters
- Norman McCay
- Wonder Woman
- The Bat Family
- Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
- Flash (Wally West)
- Captain Marvel (Deceased)
- It is one of the alternate realities of the post-Infinite Crisis Multiverse.
- It is derived from the Elseworlds limited series, Kingdom Come.
- Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Compendium gave the Kingdom Come reality the name "Earth-96," and stated that it was "revealed as a distinct parallel Earth in The Kingdom #2," making that reality part of hypertime.
- Characters from Earth-22
- Other things related to Earth-22
- Earth-22's Comic Appearances
- Reality Gallery: Earth-22
Links and References
|Kingdom Come Continuity Storyline/Crossover|
Kingdom Come was a four-issue limited series published in 1996 under DC's Elseworlds imprint. Like all Elseworlds, this series was set in an alternate reality outside that of the mainstream DC Universe (in this case, Earth-96/Earth-22/Earth 22). However, several elements and characters were later introduced in the mainstream universe.