Earth-86 is a world in which a 20-days atomic war devastated much of the Earth in October, 9th, 1986. What remains is guarded by the Atomic Knights. Hercules and a variant of Kamandi also populate this world.
The war caused the extinction of almost all plant and animal life on Earth and led to widespread amnesia in many of the people left alive, especially soldiers. The only food remaining is canned. Money is worthless. The present radiation doesn't cause cancer, rather causing strange transformations in unprotected victims. H-bomb explosions have changed the shape of the continents.
- The adventures of the Atomic Knights and Hercules were first established as an alternate universe in Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #10, but not named until the Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Compendium.
- Elements of the universe were later used for Earth-17, Earth 17
- Characters from Earth-86
- Other things related to Earth-86
- Earth-86's Comic Appearances
- Reality Gallery: Earth-86
Links and References