Reality names were reused several times. See also Earth-3, Earth 3, Arrowverse: Earth-3.
Earth-Three was considered to be a partially "reverse" Earth and was populated by "opposites" of Earth-One known as, the Crime Syndicate of America.
The British colonies successfully broke away from the Empire of United States in the 18th century and President John Wilkes Booth was assassinated by the actor Abraham Lincoln. However, the base populace of Earth-Three reflected a society based on laws and good values, despite the majority of their super powered beings having an evil nature.
The majority of the Earth-Three's superpowered beings were criminals unlike the primary Earths whose main forces were heroic beings. The primary superbeings of Earth Three were five evil analogues of the Earth-One superheroes, called "The Crime Syndicate of America", which included Ultraman, a Kryptonite-charged evil Superman born on Krypton (in the Earth-Three dimension); Super-Woman, a rogue Amazon; Johnny Quick, an impulsive and arrogant young speedster; Power Ring, who, despite looking like Hal Jordan, had a power ring based on magic like Earth-Two Green Lantern Alan Scott's; and Owlman, a superb scientist and strategian, who terrorized this Earth. They openly ruled several parts of their Earth until defeated by the actions of the Earth-One Justice League and Earth-Two Justice Society, who would later inspire that world's Luthor Alexander Luthor, Sr. to become that world's first super hero and keep them in check.
During the Crisis on Infinite Earths, Earth-Three was destroyed, save for Alexander Luthor, Jr., who helped the heroes of the remaining universes defeat the Anti-Monitor. He then retired to a "Paradise Dimension" until the events of Infinite Crisis. Most of Earth-Three's history survived in the form of a similar Earth in the Antimatter Universe; the events of Convergence restored Earth-Three to the Multiverse.
Points of Interest
Main article: Category:Earth-Three Characters
- The Crime Syndicate of America
- Alexander Luthor, Sr.
- Lois Lane-Luthor
- Alexander Luthor, Jr.
- Earth-Three was part of the pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths Multiverse.
- Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Compendium stated that the following stories/comics were appearances of Earth-Three:
- Action Comics #320
- All-Star Squadron #14–#15
- Crisis on Infinite Earths #1
- DC Comics Presents Annual #1
- Justice League of America #29–30, 207, 209, 232
- Secret Society of Super-Villains #13–14
- Superman Family #194
- Swamp Thing (Volume 2) #155 (this seems to be a typo as Swamp Thing (Volume 2) #154 is where reference to Owlman and Ultraman is made)
- Among the weapons hidden in the Planet Krypton restaurant was Power Ring's ring.
- A hypertime reality very similar to Earth-Three was visited by the Flash and Atom of Earth-898. Its relationship to the original Earth-Three is unknown.
- As a result of the events of Infinite Crisis, a reality known as Earth-3 was created. It is based in part on Earth-Three.
- See also JLA: Earth-2
- Characters from Earth-Three
- Other things related to Earth-Three
- Earth-Three's Comic Appearances
- Reality Gallery: Earth-Three
Links and References