Easy was lead by Sergeant Frank Rock, whom the men of his company looked up to him as a capable leader and he was responsible for forging Easy into the legendary combat unit it became.
Nicknamed the "Combat-Happy Joes," the men of Easy Company have their own unique and unusual nicknames. Sgt. Rock explained that during battle, they would be required to do things their civilian identities might not be able to live with. Once the war was over, the nicknames could be left behind once the soldiers resumed their civilian lives.
Easy Company itself is radically different from any other American military unit. in one case, they allowed African-American Jackie Johnson into their unit. This was a definite defiance of the racial segregation policy of the Army during the war.
Weapons: Various conventional weapons and arsenal
- Easy Company is not to be confused with the real life Easy Company, 2nd Battalion of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment. Also known as the "Screaming Eagles" of the 101st Airborne Division. Instead, Easy is designated to the 2nd Battalion of the 141st Infantry.
- An "Easy Company" appears in the story "A Pigeon for Easy Co." in Our Army at War #61, serving as an early model for later "official" Easy Company stories.
- There is a Pre-Crisis story where an amnesiac Superman traveled back in time by accident and briefly joined Easy Company under the name 'Tag-Along'. Upon regaining his memory, he faked his own death before returning discreetly to his own time.
- In another Pre-Crisis story, Rock and the Easy Co. worked together with Bruce Wayne, who posed as a British Service Spy and stopped a Nazi faction from using nerve gas against the allied forces. This was achieved thanks to Batman's intervention and Easy Company's teamwork.
- 449 Appearances of Easy Company (New Earth)
- 10 Images that include Easy Company (New Earth)
- Team Gallery: Easy Company (New Earth)
Links and References