Known as the Mother of All Monsters, Echidna is a monstrous creature with the upper torso of a woman and the body and tail of a serpent. With her mate Typhon, Echidna birthed legendary monsters such as Cerberus, the Sphinx, the Chimera, and the Hydra, among others.
At some point, Echidna was imprisoned underneath Themyscira.
When Wonder Woman entered Doom's Doorway at the behest of the Gods of Olympus, Echidna ambushed the superhero using illusions of her sisters and Julia Kapatelis in injured states. When the amazon overcame Echidna's illusions, the serpent woman attacked using a battle axe. Wonder Woman managed to escape from Echidna's wrath, though she soon after encountered the monster alongside a the Chimera and a minotaur. After a battle, Echidna coiled her body around Wonder Woman, but Queen Hippolyta intervened and beheaded Echidna.
- Double Axe
- This character is an adaptation of Echidna (mythology), a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 8 Appearances of Echidna (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Echidna (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Echidna (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Echidna (New Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."