- No, villain... a Green Lantern am I... and thus am I your better!
- — Eddore src
He was a gaseous creature who could assume a variety of shapes. Due to his amorphous nature, Eddore did not wear a standard Green Lantern Ring, but instead possessed a power globe that resided within his body. The power globe performed the same functions as a regular power ring, and also had the vulnerability against yellow.
On his home world of Tront, Eddore fought against a mad Trontian who attempted to conquer the planet by merging all of the planet's populace into a single composite entity. Oddly enough, Eddore later attempted a similar feat, only he had been corrupted by a special Oan power globe that did not have the restrictions of a normal Green Lantern Ring.
Eddore was killed during the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Created by Mike W. Barr, Eddore (along with Arisia) was named after one of the planets in E.E. Smith's Lensmen series.
- Eddore spoke in a pidgin dialect similar to that of the Star Wars character, Yoda.
- 25 Appearances of Eddore (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Eddore (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Eddore (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Eddore (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."
|Black Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Black Lantern Corps. Those who have died may wield the Black Power Ring, symbolizing their lack of both life and emotion.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Black Lantern Corps members category."