- I used to pray to get rid of my powers. Still don't see myself as the hero type, but I've learned to accept, even love my meta-abilities. They're part of me now. Wouldn't wanna pretend they don't exist.
- — Ed Dorado src
Ed Dorado ran away from his grandfather's home in Argentina to be with his father, Eduardo Dorado, Sr., who worked at S.T.A.R. Labs in Taos, New Mexico, in the United States. Along the way he was captured and experimented on by the Reach. He was experimented upon and his Metagene was activated, giving him the power to teleport. He joined a team with other victims of the Reach.
Powers and Abilities
- Multilingualism: He speaks at least Spanish and English.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Young Justice and its tie-in comic book series. It is an adaptation of El Dorado. The original character was created by Hanna-Barbera and first appeared in Super Friends (TV Series) Episode: Alien Mummy.
- Eduardo Dorado, Jr is voiced by Freddy Rodriguez.
- Eduardo has been confirmed to be gay by Greg Weisman and he is dating someone Weisman was not allowed to reveal then. The only male character Eduardo has an intimate relationship with is Kid Flash (Bart Allen), who was also suggested to be gay by Weisman, although he wasn't allowed to say that either, just saying that among Dick, Wally, Jaime and Bart one of them is gay (and Bart is the only one among them who has not been seen in romantic relationships with the opposite sex). Bart was seen kissing Eduardo, who smiled in response, and they were later referred to as a couple by Static (Virgil Hawkins).
- 17 Appearances of Eduardo Dorado, Jr. (Earth-16)
- 3 Images featuring Eduardo Dorado, Jr. (Earth-16)
- 1 Quotations by or about Eduardo Dorado, Jr. (Earth-16)
- Character Gallery: Eduardo Dorado, Jr. (Earth-16)
|Outsiders member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the super-hero team known as the Outsiders, in any of its various incarnations. They are a black ops team dedicated to fighting evil and taking the fall in public opinion that bigger groups like the Justice League cannot, started by Batman to avoid being crippled by public relations needs. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Outsiders members" category.