At one point Eduardo Dorrance joined the army and served alongside James Gordon. Both men became friends and saved each others' life on more than one occasion. During the war, Gordon earned Eduardo's respect and gratitude, but Jim eventually decided to leave the army in order to return to Gotham City and join the GCPD. Shortly after, Dorrance and the rest of his military task force were captured during the war in Santa Prisca and imprisoned at Peña Duro, which he would later describe as "the darkest hell on earth".
Left there to die by the government, Eduardo and his fellow soldiers were forced to endure the cruel games of the prison guards. They would choose one of the soldiers and bury him alive, then take bets on whether he could dig his way out or not. But when he managed to free himself from his grave, they would bury the soldier even deeper and play again. All of Eduardo's fellow soldiers died during their prison sentence, leaving him as the sole survivor of the squad who managed to endure the games of the guards. When Nyssa al Ghul came to Peña Duro, Dorrance stood out to her and she pulled him out of the prison, promising to give him a new purpose.
No Man's Land
Four years after Jim Gordon had left the military, Eduardo Dorrance was put in command of the Delta Force by Nyssa and sent to Gotham City, seemingly to help restore it from its No Man's Land status.
Powers and Abilities
- Venom Usage
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Martial Arts
- Tactical Analysis
- Military Protocol
- Life Support Suit
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Gotham and its tie-in webseries and shorts, Gotham Stories and Gotham: A City Gone Mad. It is an adaptation of Bane. The original character was created by Dennis O'Neil, Chuck Dixon, and Graham Nolan and first appeared in Batman: Vengeance of Bane #1.
- Bane was portrayed by Shane West.
- This is the second version of Bane to have an official real name, the first being Antonio Diego in Batman and Robin
- The name Eduardo Dorrance is an allusion to Edmund Dorrance, Bane's father in the comics.
- 4 Appearances of Eduardo Dorrance (Gotham)
- 4 Images featuring Eduardo Dorrance (Gotham)
- 1 Quotations by or about Eduardo Dorrance (Gotham)
- Character Gallery: Eduardo Dorrance (Gotham)
League of Assassins member