Senator Ed Burke was a politician in Lex Luthor's pocket.
Kansas senator Burke got the U.S. military to cooperate with LuthorCorp's Project Ares. In exchange, Lex Luthor transferred five million dollars to Burke's account at the Cayman Islands.
Later Burke intended to shut down Project Ares because the Senate would have found out about the project's true mission, and threatened to scrutinize all of LuthorCorp's business deals for the last twenty years if Lex exposed his role in the project. He was killed by Wes Keenan while he was being interrogated by Lois Lane. Upon his death, his vacated Senate position was filled by Kansas State Senator Martha Kent.
- Ed Burke was portrayed by Alan C. Peterson.
- 2 Appearances of Edward Burke (Smallville)
- 2 Images featuring Edward Burke (Smallville)
- Quotations by or about Edward Burke (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Edward Burke (Smallville)