After the Flash went back in time to save his mother from being murdered by the Reverse Flash, the mainstream timeline changed as a result. In this new "Flashpoint" timeline, Edward Clariss became the villainous speedster the Rival and combated the Flash of that timeline. 
However, after trying to undo his action, the Flash reset the timeline yet again, causing Clariss to never become the Rival. However, after being contacted by a man only known as Alchemy, Clariss is reminded of his alternate reality self and regifted his super speed.
Once again becoming the Rival, Clariss challenged the Flash, blaming him for almost ruining his life by erasing the timeline. The Rival was later defeated and sent to Iron Heights where Savitar killed him in his cell.  
- Speed Force Conduit: People who, for whatever reason, are connected to the Speed Force are sometimes called Speed Force Conduits. This means that they are connected to the Speed Force and are tethered to it.
- Accelerated Healing: The Speed Force connection allows the speedster's body recover from injury much faster than normal.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive the world at a rate attuned how fast they can react.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force also manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such a friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: While not unlimited, the connection to the Speed Force does bolster the speedsters stamina well beyond the limits of a normal human.
- Superhuman Speed: The main effect of the connection is to allow a speedster to move at vast superhuman speeds. This also confers:
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Flash, its tie-in comic book series, and its related television series. It is an adaptation of Edward Clariss / The Rival. The original character was created by John Broome and Joe Kubert and first appeared in Flash Comics #104.
- The Rival is portrayed by Todd Lasance.
- 5 Appearances of Edward Clariss (Arrow)
- 1 Images featuring Edward Clariss (Arrow)
- 1 Quotations by or about Edward Clariss (Arrow)
- Character Gallery: Edward Clariss (Arrow)
- ↑ The Flash (2014 TV Series) Episode: Flashpoint
- ↑ The Flash (2014 TV Series) Episode: Paradox
- ↑ The Flash (2014 TV Series) Episode: Magenta
- ↑ Being a speed force conduit conveys some core powers as demonstrated by Barry Allen and Wally West.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 The Flash (Volume 2) #1
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #76
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #63
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #2
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #74
|Arrow and Flash television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category:Arrow (TV Series) Characters.|