- The city's just fine. It's the people in it that need to be educated that I have NO RIVAL!
- — The Rival src
In this new reality, dubbed "Flashpoint" by the Reverse Flash, Barry Allen never became the Flash. Instead, Wally West became the Flash after his car was struck by lightning after using a new engine. In this world, his greatest enemy and "Reverse-Flash" was The Rival, a black-suit-wearing speedster (real name Edward Clariss) who was hellbent on destroying anybody who opposed him.
After killing his timeline's Flash, Clariss was shot in the back by Detective Joe West, killing him.
This history was then erased when Barry Allen went back in time again and let Reverse Flash kill his mother to restore the timeline. 
- Speed Force Conduit: People who, for whatever reason, are connected to the Speed Force are sometimes called Speed Force Conduits. This means that they are connected to the Speed Force and are tethered to it.
- Accelerated Healing: The Speed Force connection allows the speedster's body recover from injury much faster than normal.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive the world at a rate attuned how fast they can react.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force also manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such a friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: While not unlimited, the connection to the Speed Force does bolster the speedsters stamina well beyond the limits of a normal human.
- Superhuman Speed: The main effect of the connection is to allow a speedster to move at vast superhuman speeds. This also confers:
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Flash, its tie-in comic book series, and its related television series. It is an adaptation of Edward Clariss / The Rival. The original character was created by John Broome and Joe Kubert and first appeared in Flash Comics #104.
- The Rival is portrayed by Todd Lasance.
- 3 Appearances of Edward Clariss (Arrow: Flashpoint Timeline)
- 1 Images featuring Edward Clariss (Arrow: Flashpoint Timeline)
- 1 Quotations by or about Edward Clariss (Arrow: Flashpoint Timeline)
- Character Gallery: Edward Clariss (Arrow: Flashpoint Timeline)
- ↑ The Flash (2014 TV Series) Episode: Flashpoint
- ↑ Being a speed force conduit conveys some core powers as demonstrated by Barry Allen and Wally West.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 The Flash (Volume 2) #1
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #76
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #63
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #2
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #74