Edward Nigma is a puzzle-themed criminal known as the Riddler.
Nigma began as a criminal in Gotham City, calling himself the Riddler because of his obsession with riddles. He quickly became an enemy of Batman and, at some point in time, he discovered his alter ego, selling the information to a vengeful Tommy Elliot through the use of a riddle.
In December 2019, Edward Nigma was erased from existence along with all the Earth-1 residents after the universe was annihilate by the Anti-Monitor's antimatter wave. One month later, in the aftermath of the rebirth of the Multiverse, the Riddler was restored to the existence on the newly born Earth-Prime.
Powers and Abilities
- Genius Level Intellect: Nigma was able to discern Batman's identity as well as become one of Gotham City's most dangerous criminals.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Batwoman and is an adaptation of Riddler. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Dick Sprang and first appeared in Detective Comics #140.
- Cluemaster revealed to Sophie Moore to consider the Riddler a cheap imitation of himself.
- Nigma being aware of Batman's identity and selling it to Tommy Elliot is adapted from Batman: Hush.
- Appearances of Edward Nigma (Arrowverse)
- 1 Images featuring Edward Nigma (Arrowverse)
- Quotations by or about Edward Nigma (Arrowverse)
- Character Gallery: Edward Nigma (Arrowverse)