Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Loose Cannon is a vigilante operating in Metropolis.
He was recruited by Jimmy Olsen to work alongside Metropolis' other heroes to tackle problems that didn't require Superman's intervention. He was tricked into attacking Gangbuster by the Projectress, leaving Gangbuster with serious injuries. The heroes soon freed Loose Cannon from the Projectress' thrall.
Powers and Abilities
- Loose Cannon was created by Jeph Loeb and Lee Moder, first appearing in Action Comics Annual #5. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Loose Cannon first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Superman (Volume 5) #30 by Sean Lewis and Sami Basri.
- This is the third attempt at presenting Loose Cannon in the Post-Flashpoint universe following a Teen Titans foe and a revamped Bloodlines teenager. While the other versions diverged from the original's characterization, this version is most similar to the original presentation.
- 3 Appearances of Edward Walker (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Edward Walker (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Edward Walker (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Edward Walker (Prime Earth)
This character was one of the many superpowered individuals introduced during the "Bloodlines" crossover event, where a number of Alien Parasites invaded the Earth and inadvertently activated the Metagene in a number of people. While not necessarily all members of the "Blood Pack", this group of people has come to be known as the "New Bloods". This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "New Bloods" category.