Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Edward Wells A.K.A. Cormorant is an alcoholic ex-soldier and freelance mercenary turned contract killer. He is an enemy of Batgirl. He is hired by an unknown client to kill Luciana Alejo. It is initially thought to be Branson Moore, her political rival, but Wells attacks him too. Cormorant eventually breaks into Alejo's building as a janitor and seemingly kills Batgirl. Jason Bard who was hired as her bodyguard and other security try to hold him off but Bard is wounded and the others are killed. However, before proceeding any further, Batgirl throws a Batarang into his gun and it explodes, taking off his fingers. In order to escape, he holds a gun to Alejo's head and threatens to kill her if they don't let him go. Batgirl tries to negotiate with him, but before he agrees, Bard shoots him in the head and merely claims he saved his client from a psychopath.
- Edward Wells/Cormorant was created by Cary Burkett and Jose Delbo, first appearing in Detective Comics #491. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Edward Wells/Cormorant first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batgirl (Volume 5) #30 by Mairghread Scott and Paul Pelletier.
- 3 Appearances of Edward Wells (Prime Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Edward Wells (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Edward Wells (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Edward Wells (Prime Earth)