Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Edward Wells A.K.A. Cormorant was an enemy of Batgirl.
Cormorant was an alcoholic ex-soldier and freelance mercenary turned contract killer. He was hired by an unknown client to kill Luciana Alejo. It was initially thought to be Branson Moore, her political rival, but Wells attacked him too. Cormorant eventually infiltrated Alejo's building as a janitor and seemingly killed Batgirl. Jason Bard who was hired as her bodyguard and other security tried to hold him off but Bard was wounded and the others were killed. However, before proceeding any further, Batgirl threw a Batarang into his gun and it exploded, taking off his fingers. In order to escape, he held a gun to Alejo's head and threatened to kill her if they didn't let him go. Batgirl tried to negotiate with him, but before he agreed, Bard shot him in the head and merely claimed he saved his client from a psychopath.
- Edward Wells/Cormorant was created by Cary Burkett and Jose Delbo, first appearing in Detective Comics #491. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Edward Wells/Cormorant first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batgirl (Volume 5) #30 by Mairghread Scott and Paul Pelletier.
- 3 Appearances of Edward Wells (Prime Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Edward Wells (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Edward Wells (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Edward Wells (Prime Earth)
Expression error: Missing operand for -.
|Batgirl Villain(s) |