Edwin Alva is a corrupt businessman and inventor, the leader of the industrious international Alva Technologies corporation.
He is also a member of the worldwide criminal organization SYSTEM, acting as leader of its Indigo Cell. Although he presents a respectable front to the public, as a wise and respected leader, in reality he is an unscrupulous villain. He is the arch-nemesis of Hardware (Curtis Metcalf), a technological vigilante who he himself is ironically responsible for the creation of. Eventually, he discovers who Hardware is, and begins exploiting his relationship with him for his own benefit.
- SYSTEMatics: Prior to his death Alva modified a SYSTEMatics trying to obtain an armor capable of matching Hardware's own armor.
- Alva may have been named for real-life inventor Thomas Alva Edison.
- 32 Appearances of Edwin Alva (Dakotaverse)
- 4 Images featuring Edwin Alva (Dakotaverse)
- 4 Quotations by or about Edwin Alva (Dakotaverse)
- Character Gallery: Edwin Alva (Dakotaverse)