Eirene is the Goddess of Peace in the Olympian Pantheon who was eternally tied to her lover and counterpart, Ares, in spreading feelings of peace after Ares instigated and controlled war between mortals.
This section of the history takes place during the New 52, between the events of Flashpoint and DC Rebirth. It was later revealed that much of Wonder Woman's history from this time was an elaborate illusion created by the Gods of Olympus to keep her away from Paradise Island. All or part of this section may have been part of that illusion and no longer valid in Rebirth.
After Wonder Woman had killed Ares and took up his war god status, Eirene was driven insane because of the disrupted balance. She concocted a plan to have her servant, Nikos, murder her because of Wonder Woman's refusal to uphold the duties that came with her mantle. She pacified after Ares was brought back to life.
- This character is an adaptation of Eirene, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 7 Appearances of Eirene (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Eirene (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Eirene (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Eirene (Prime Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."