Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
El Dorado is a Mexican superhero and a member of his country's primary team, Justicia.
He claims to have killed his own family, but despite this (or because of it), he is a pacifist, refusing to fight lest he hurt anyone.
Still according to himself, El Dorado used to be a great hero. Once, before he was incarcerated, he was on a team with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman called the Super Friends. Harley Quinn asked if he didn't mean the Justice League, but he replied that he had never heard of this one, asking if it was a cartoon. Because of this, Harley believes he is not mentally healthy.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Some says he's as strong as Superman.
- Telepathy: At a low level.
- El Dorado was created by Hanna-Barbera, first appearing in Super Friends (TV Series) Episode: Alien Mummy. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, El Dorado first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Suicide Squad Most Wanted: El Diablo and Amanda Waller #5 by Jai Nitz and Cliff Richards.
- 4 Appearances of El Dorado (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring El Dorado (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about El Dorado (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: El Dorado (Prime Earth)
- DC’s Round Robin: Robins vs. Suicide Squad Seven
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
Suicide Squad member