Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- Let me explain how it works in Gotham City. You want to know how the Joker became the Joker? He interrupted a broadcast to announce Henry Claridge, the diamond magnate, would die at the stroke of midnight. Then he did. witha huge grin on his face. That's how you get ahead in this world. Not with patience or kindness or words...but with wrath.
- — Wrath src
When Elliot Caldwell was young his father was gunned down by a corrupt G.C.P.D. officer. He swore vengeance for his father's death and became Wrath. Wrath then managed to build up a multi-billion dollar weapons company called Caldwell Technologies.
Wrath returned to Gotham and began killing G.C.P.D. officers with the help of a criminal named Clyde Anderson A.K.A Scorn. However, Wrath felt that Scorn was incompetent and pushed him off his plane above Gotham. Batman discovered the body and realized that there was a connection between him and the cop killings. He then discovered Elliot's past and his true motives, to kill the entire G.C.P.D. in revenge. He used Alfred to infiltrate Wraths secret base, but Alfred was caught and Wrath revealed that he had given vests to the cops, which would fry all the cops and kill the entire police force. Wrath activated them and killed some cops before bombing the headquarters. He was then confronted by an armored Batman, who would proceed to defeat him. Caldwell was arrested and removed from being the head of his company.
Powers and Abilities
- Genius Level Intellect
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): He was able to hold his own against Batman for a fairly long time.
- Business Management: Wrath created a multi-billion dollar company.
- Caldwell Technologies Battle Suit
- Caldwell Technologies Tank
- Caldwell Technologies Jet
- Caldwell Technologies weaponry
- Elliot Caldwell was created by Tony Bedard and Rags Morales, first appearing in Batman Confidential #13. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Elliot Caldwell first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Detective Comics (Volume 2) #22 by John Layman and Andy Clarke.
- 9 Appearances of Elliot Caldwell (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Elliot Caldwell (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Elliot Caldwell (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Elliot Caldwell (Prime Earth)