Emily Littela Rice was once a student at Vandermeer University during the 1960s. She fell in love with one of her instructors Rikkard Rynders and assisted him in an experiment designed to pierce the Fourth Dimension. The experiment ended in disaster and Rikkard was lost in the time stream for more than thirty years.
As an adult, Emily became the Dean of Vandermeer University and a colleague of physicist Martin Stein. She gave Stein the position of physics instructor, to replace the late Peter Banks who had been viciously murdered by the Weasel. Rice's interest in Stein was more than just professional, and she admitted to having developed a small crush on him shortly after her divorce.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 14 Appearances of Emily Rice (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Emily Rice (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Emily Rice (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Emily Rice (New Earth)