Emma Deropalis is the terrorist Liar Liar. Daughter of Maxwell Lord, she started her criminal career to be acknowledged by her dad, trying to break him out of jail and also help him kill Wonder Woman.
When she was a young child, Emma found out that Maxwell Lord was her father and that he was alive, while her mother sustained that her father died of cancer, never mentioning his real name. Emma also had conflicts with her mother about her powers, who she already controlled at a very young age: her mother always told her they were the fruit of her imagination. Sick of the lies her mother kept telling her, Emma controlled her and made her collide with a truck in the middle of traffic, killing her at first impact.
Rescued from the accident she caused, of course without anyone suspecting her, Emma decided to find a way to be acknowledged by her father: she would break him out of jail and would help him kill his nemesis, the superheroine Wonder Woman. Gaining control of a weapon Lord developed in the past called Odysseus, Emma developed an app called Odypix infused with her powers who made any user hallucinate, and used it to provoke several catastrophes in the United States, including almost blowing off a nuke bomb in Arizona. She did this while she also made friends with Diana herself, welcoming her as her new neighbor when Wonder Woman transferred back to Washington, as she was helping the newly formed Amazon Embassy.
Knowing that the government would have used Maxwell Lord to solve the problems with Odypix, Emma was successful in freeing him from the army's control and in giving him an opportunity to end the life of Diana, while also taking control of Etta Candy. What she did not forecast was that Max Lord wasn't going to collaborate with her, even helping Diana defeating her. She discovered that her father was obsessed with a vision he had when the Source Wall broke: another version of himself getting his neck snapped from Diana. After threatening her father holding him at gunpoint, Emma was defeated by the combined effort of Diana's actions and Max's mind tricks and was taken into custody inside Stryker's Island Penitentiary.
- Illusion Casting : Emma inherited psychic powers from her father, and with her voice she's able to make people see what she generates. She was able to make Etta Candy both fight Wonder Woman and see an horrible creature facing her while there was only Emma's rabbit Mullaney there.
- Mind Control: Thanks to her abilities related to creating hallucinations and her intelligence, Emma is able to manipulate people controlling their minds, for example controlling a soldier and making him crash his vehicle towards Wonder Woman and Emma's father, Maxwell Lord, to break him out of Diana's custody.
- Computer Hacking: Emma was able to penetrate the servers of one of Maxwell Lord's laboratories, using the servers then to support an app that generated hallucination for its users.
- Computer Operation: Emma was able to develop an application that combined her powers and a weapon created by her father, Maxwell Lord, finding a way to cause several disaster in the entire United States country.
- Blood Loss: Just like her father her nose starts bleeding when she uses her powers, as seen when she tried them on Wonder Woman.
- She always brings with her a rabbit called Mullaney.
- 5 Appearances of Emma Deropalis (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Emma Deropalis (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Emma Deropalis (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Emma Deropalis (Prime Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."