- In response to the pleading and cajoling of over a hundred million Americans, I have reluctantly agreed to assume the office of EMPEROR OF AMERICA!
- — Emperor of America src
In the early 1940s, a man known only as "The Emperor" attempted to take over the United States, through the use of a machine that created invisible rays, which made people lose their initiative and become apathetic. The Emperor used this device to take control of the U.S. government and then crowned himself as "Emperor of America". However, his machine did not affect Superman, who was immune to the apathy rays. The Man of Steel destroyed the machine and brought the Emperor to justice.
- This version of the Emperor of America, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Emperor of America (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Emperor of America (Earth-Two)
- 1 Quotations by or about Emperor of America (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Emperor of America (Earth-Two)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."