Professor Eobard Thawne, otherwise known as the The Flash and Reverse-Flash, is a speedster from a Dark Multiverse world where after the events of Flashpoint, Barry Allen died trying to regain his powers and was replaced by Thawne as the Flash.
When Barry Allen and Thomas Wayne attempted to replicate the accident that originally gave Barry his powers, Barry was killed by the bolt of lightning that had struck him. During this moment, Eobard was running through the timestream and transported to Barry's location. Discovering that Barry had died, Thawne took his Flash Ring. Free from his obsession of Barry Allen, Thawne fixated on how to make this world his vision of perfection, resulting in it being in a constant state of flux. 
- Negative Speed Force Generation: Thawne created his own negative version of the Flash's Speed Force, with its own unique energy signature. He can tap into the energy as normal speedsters do with the positive Speed Force. The Negative Speed Force grants Thawne the power to move at incredible speeds, among many other abilities.
- Superhuman Speed: Thawne is capable of moving at vast superhuman speeds, stating he can move fourteen thousand times faster than the speed of sound. His immense speed allows him to generate superhuman force, which allows him to deal devastating blows to opponents. He was capable of killing a group of multiple metahumans before anyone could react.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Thawne possesses reflexes far greater than a normal human being. This allows him to easily react to danger and events, and perceive the world in slow motion.
- Superhuman Stamina: Thawne's body can handle the stress of moving at superhuman speeds for long periods of time without getting tired or weak.
- Superhuman Agility: Thawne's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows him to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Negative Speed Force Aura: The Negative Speed Force manifests a protective aura around Thawne's entire body that shields him from the negative effects of moving at super-speed, such as air friction and kinetic impacts.
- Electrokinesis: Thawne is able to generate and manipulate the electrical energy that he draws from the Negative Speed Force. This lightning emanates off of him as red electrical arcs from all around his body, and from his eyes as streaks, especially when he moves at super speed.
- Age Manipulation: Through physical contact, Thawne can use his power to rapidly age a person to death.
- Enhanced Senses: The Negative Speed Force grants Thawne enhanced senses that allow him to perceive the world at a rate attuned his reaction speed.
- Cosmic Awareness: Thawne is able to feel quantum shifts and probabilities changing when events occur that have a ripple effect on the timeline, stating he can feel every moment of every life affected.
- Telepathy: Through physical contact, Thawne was able to see Thomas Wayne's memories of a conversation he had with Barry Allen.
- Molecular Acceleration: Thawne can vibrate his own molecular structure at varying degrees for a number of purposes, by adjusting to different frequencies.
- Intangibility: By vibrating his molecules on an atomic level, and by doing so at just the right frequency, Thawne can allow himself to become intangible, allowing people or objects to pass right through him.
- Phasing: By vibrating his molecules on an atomic level, and by doing so at just the right frequency, he can allow himself to become momentarily intangible, and phase through objects.
- Regeneration: Thawne can regenerate from injury much faster than any normal human.
- Time Travel: Thawne can use his speed to freely travel throughout time, and does not need assistance from the Cosmic Treadmill. He is master of time travel and time manipulation.
- Paradoxical Existence: In a previous incarnation, Thawne was transformed into a living paradox when Barry Allen created the Flashpoint timeline, as he was running through the timestream when this happened. This makes Thawne immune to alterations to his personal history, making him the sole constant in any possible timeline and thus impossible to erase him from existence.
- He represents Eobard's Hope/Barry's fear that he will finally take the Flash's legacy for himself.
- 1 Appearances of Eobard Thawne (Dark Multiverse: Flashpoint)
- 4 Images featuring Eobard Thawne (Dark Multiverse: Flashpoint)
- 2 Quotations by or about Eobard Thawne (Dark Multiverse: Flashpoint)
- Character Gallery: Eobard Thawne (Dark Multiverse: Flashpoint)
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.