Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
The Eradicator was part of a group of robots created by General Zod to seek out and arrest Kryptonian law breakers. They were directed to draw out the lawbreaker's life force and transfer them to a Phantom Zone projector, with the bodies being put into cryo-chambers to await trial.
Returning from a mission in deep space, the Eradicator sees Krypton explode (which coated him in organic matter as it also wiped all mechanical vestiges) as well as Kal-El's rocket flying away. Moving systematically from from solar system to solar system seeking out its passenger it eventually came in contact with Jonathan's DNA on Earth.
After using this DNA to enter the Fortress of Solitude, the Eradicator assimilates more Kryptonian genome as well as items belong to Clark Kent taking on an appearance similar to the original Eradicator.
Because Jonathan is only half Kryptonian, the Eradicator intends to absorb him so as to remove the "human taint." Krypto sensing danger from the Eradicator leaps at the Eradicator and is sent to the Phantom Zone.
In the resulting fight a combined hit from Superman and Jonathan breaks the Eradicator’s outer shell, releasing the Kryptonian souls he has captured.
Later on, to help Superman, these spirits sacrifice themselves by allowing themselves to be assimilated by the Eradicator, all at once causing the Eradicator’s systems to overload causing a energy backlash that throws it into a harbor.
Eventually escaping to the moon Superman's power is increased by the remnants of the dead Kryptonians as the Eradicator, using the energy of its one remaining soul presses its attack. In the resulting battle, which is televised all over the world due to the devastation happening on the moon, Krypto breaks out of the Eradicator and helps Superman destroy it.
A mysterious, seemingly digitized figure approaches the Eradicator's make-shift grave on the moon and resurrects it. The figure makes an offer to help it seek revenge on Superman to which the Eradicator reluctantly accepts, also revealing that they know each other.
Later, the Eradicator has taken over Batman's moon base. Blanque and Metallo are forcibly teleported into the base. The two initially attempt to attack the Eradicator but are stopped by the mysterious figure. The figure then reveals himself as Hank Henshaw, who welcomes them all to the new Superman Revenge Squad.
- Kryptonian Android Body: The Eradicator is an android that absorbed the DNA of Jon Kent, and as such, it has at least some of the powers of an average Kryptonian under the effects of a "yellow" sun in addition to its own.
- Despite the similarities in name and appearance this is a totally different character from the New Earth Eradicator
- This Eradicator also has some knowledge of New Earth history.
- The merging of the New Earth and Prime Earth Supermen created a new continuity that is a mixture of New Earth and Prime Earth history. This may have altered the Eradicator's history.
- 28 Appearances of Eradicator II (Prime Earth)
- 12 Images featuring Eradicator II (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Eradicator II (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Eradicator II (Prime Earth)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."