Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Freight Train was a member of the Outsiders.
- Kinetic Energy Absorption: Eric's powers revolve around his ability to absorb and store kinetic force within his body to increase his physical dexterity to new heights, offering him a host of superhuman powers. When activating his powers, Freight Train's skin becomes a metallic red color.
- Freight Train was created by Dan DiDio and Philip Tan, first appearing in Outsiders (Volume 4) #30. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Freight Train first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batman Incorporated (Volume 2) #1 by Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham.
- Freight Train's creator Dan DiDio has given two different names as his secret identity. In his earliest appearances, Simon Stagg called him Cecil. DiDio was later asked to give a full name for Freight Train on Twitter, and he gave the name Eric Moran. This is the name of a well-known cosplayer. DiDio named Freight Train after Eric Moran as a Christmas present.
- 5 Appearances of Eric Moran (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Eric Moran (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Eric Moran (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Eric Moran (Prime Earth)
|Outsiders member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the super-hero team known as the Outsiders, in any of its various incarnations. They are a black ops team dedicated to fighting evil and taking the fall in public opinion that bigger groups like the Justice League cannot, started by Batman to avoid being crippled by public relations needs. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Outsiders members" category.