- The Grip gives us fantastic power! Not enough to move a planet -- but more than enough to annihilate you!
- — Erndine Ze-Da src
Erndine Ze-Da was the wife and partner in crime of Dr. Xadu
Erndine Ze-Da was sentenced to the Phantom Zone with her husband. They were freed when a volcanic eruption tore a hole in the Phantom Zone. She was devious, though not murderous - Erndine imprisoned the Kents and a dentist rather than kill them, and her plan of revenge against Superman was to move the entire Earth into the orbit of Rao - thus removing Superman's powers - but not anyone's death.
Erndine Ze-Da was incarcerated in a prison in a different Galaxy than Dr Xadu, in order to isolate her from their Cosmic Power Grip.
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Erndine Ze-Da possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Erndine Ze-Da's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. Her biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and her bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Erndine Ze-Da can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. She can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Erndine Ze-Da's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, she can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Erndine Ze-Da's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Erndine Ze-Da can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. She can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, she can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows her to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Erndine Ze-Das can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. She can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Erndine Ze-Da can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Erndine Ze-Da is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of her dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Erndine Ze-Da is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, her extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Erndine Ze-Da is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on her body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Erndine Ze-Da's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of her musculature. Her strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables her to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Erndine Ze-Da is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to her perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Erndine Ze-Da is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from her lungs. She can chill the air as it leaves her lungs to freeze targets. She can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into her lungs.
- Longevity: Erndine Ze-Da can live longer than regular humans, remaining at her prime as long as she was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- Cosmic Power Grip (When in contact with Xadu)
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Erndine Ze-Da possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- This version of Erndine Ze-Da, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Erndine Ze-Da (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Erndine Ze-Da (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Erndine Ze-Da (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Erndine Ze-Da (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."