Ernie the Battlin' Boy was the sidekick of General Glory.
Ernest E. Earnest was looked after by his father at Camp Henderson, but after his death, the others did not treat him well. He was taken in by General Glory, and became his ward and sidekick, Ernie the Battlin' Boy. He became angered at his old mentor when he was accused of killing all the prisoners and guards of a P.O.W. camp, although that had in fact been their nemesis, Doctor Shmidt. Schmidt had been recruited by General Glory's boss, Newkirk Sharp, to dispose of Glory, though he himself made sure Glory was out of the picture for years to come by throwing him out of a plane after sedating him. When confronted with the truth, Major Earnest helped the Justice League take down Sharp.
- Ernie is of course a thinly veiled parody of Bucky, like General Glory is based on Captain America.
- Guy Gardner based his haircut on young Ernie's.
- 6 Appearances of Ernest Earnest (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Ernest Earnest (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Ernest Earnest (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ernest Earnest (New Earth)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.