Ernest Franklin is the Beard Hunter, a mercenary with the unique ability to psychically link and track any person by eating a single strand of their beard hair.
Franklin broke into Doom Manor and found some of Caulder's beard hair in his bathroom. Upon eating it, he lost consciousness but had gained a connection to the Chief. When he came to, Franklin had to escape Crazy Jane and Cyborg.
Franklin was absorbed into the Painting That Ate Paris by Mr. Nobody. Though the Doom Patrol managed to save the day and free the world from the painting, they left Nobody and the Beard Hunter inside, leaving them to hang there as imprisonment.
However, eventually the picture became contaminated by scants, a race of creatures that fed on bad ideas. Franklin, becoming infected himself, painted himself white to try to hide from them. When the Doom Patrol went inside the painting to eradicate the infestation, they were all captured and prepared to be siphoned dry of their bad ideas. But, when Miranda proved immune to the brain-washing, she overpowered the Scant Queen and freed them all. 
Powers and Abilities
- Psychic Link: By ingesting the beard hair of any individual, Franklin develops a psychic connection to them.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Doom Patrol and is an adaptation of Beard Hunter. The original character was created by Grant Morrison and Vince Giarrano and first appeared in Doom Patrol (Volume 2) #45.
- Beard Hunter is portrayed by Tommy Snider.
- 5 Appearances of Ernest Franklin (Doom Patrol TV Series)
- 3 Images featuring Ernest Franklin (Doom Patrol TV Series)
- 1 Quotations by or about Ernest Franklin (Doom Patrol TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Ernest Franklin (Doom Patrol TV Series)
Doom Patrol Villain(s)