Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Eros is the favorite grandson of Hera, the queen of the Olympian gods. Armed with his bow and arrows, he is feared by all Gods alike for there was not one of them who had not been conquered by his powers.
He was sent by his grandmother along with his companion Zephyros, the god of the west wind, to Brazil to fetch the young heroine Yara Flor. However, when preparing his dreaded arrows capable of making anyone fall in love with the first person they see, instead of hitting Yara he ends up wounding himself with one of his own arrows, instantly falling in love with her.
Powers and Abilities
- Bow and Arrows: Being pierced by one of his arrows compels the person struck to fall in instant and uncontrollable love with the first person they see.
- Eros' Pistols: In place of his traditional bow and arrows, his golden pistols have the power to make the person struck by one of their bullets in the heart fall in love.
- This character is an adaptation of Eros, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Eros was first adapted by Gerry Conway and Kurt Schaffenberger, first appearing in DC Comics Presents #32. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Hera first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Wonder Woman (Volume 4) #7 by Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang.
- 14 Appearances of Eros (Prime Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Eros (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Eros (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Eros (Prime Earth)
|Wonder Woman Family member|