Eterno the Immortal was created by a super-civilization Xan one billion years ago.
It was built as half android and half robot and encased in indestructible Sunthoflesh. With the advantage of super-science, Eterno was able to harness the energy of the stars and cast Destructo-Beams far and wide. He was said to be "Mightier than a million mastodon... more intelligent than an army of Einsteins... and H-bomb blasts don't bother" it.
Eterno's great power and intelligence lead it to desire control of the Xan, and in an effort to indebt itself to them, Eterno tunnelled 4000 miles to the center of the Earth to retrieve calamity-preventing Absorbium. But the Absorbium rays paralysed Eterno; the Xan were killed by space-gas; and the half-android remained forgotten for a billion years.
However, Eterno wanted to rule the Earth itself, and during his battle with Superman, it turned on the Revenge Squad and fired upon their starship with his Destructo-Beams. In a panic, the Superman Revenge Squad blasted the robot with Absorbium bullets, and the Immortal half-android/half-robot was deactivated -- falling on the starship and killing the revenge squad.
Powers and Abilities
- Cybernetic Enhancement
- Energy Projection: Destructo-Rays that can destroy a mountaintop.
- Superhuman Strength: Mightier than a million mastodon.
- Superhuman Durability: H-Bomb blasts don't bother him.
- Enhanced Intellect: More intelligent than an army of Einsteins.
- Energy Absorption: Eterno harnessed the energy of the stars.
- This version of Eterno, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Eterno the Immortal (Earth-One)
- 3 Images featuring Eterno the Immortal (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Eterno the Immortal (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Eterno the Immortal (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."