Ethel Lynn Niwtyn better known as Eyeful Ethel is a teacher and reformed criminal hailing from the planet Earth, in the 30th Century. Ethel's powers were the product of black market bio-engineering performed on her parents whilst in the womb. Her parent received a bargain prices on liver replications. The treatments turned out to have a fatal flaw and their baby daughter was born with eyes on all sides of her head.
Despite her unusual appearance, she excelled in school, since her eyes work independently, she was able to do more studying than a normal human in the same amount of time and went on to get an advanced degree in education. She tried out for the Legion of Super-Heroes, but due to the lack of combat capability she was rejected.
Many years later put on weight and began dating Tusker, another Legion reject, and became thieves, but no real criminals took them seriously. To make matters worse, they tried to start a crime spree on the planet Bismoll, where they then attempted to create an alliance with Pulsar Stargrave. She is later defeated by the Legion of Substitute Heroes and she returned to her old job at Metropolis's schools.
- Multiple Eyes: Ethel has the ability to grow extra eyes anywhere on her body. These eyes are able to work independently allowing her to read and take information in better then a normal human. Ethel now has 360° vision, which means it's almost impossible to sneak up on her.
- Pedagogy: Ethel has advanced degrees in teaching and education.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): After her rejection from the Legion she took combat training to compensate for her lack of physical power.
- 8 Appearances of Ethel Lynn Niwtyn (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 1 Images featuring Ethel Lynn Niwtyn (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Quotations by or about Ethel Lynn Niwtyn (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Ethel Lynn Niwtyn (Pre-Zero Hour)
|Legion of Super-Heroes Villain(s)|
This character or group of characters is or was primarily an enemy of the Legion of Super-Heroes from the 31st Century, and may have existed in any of the various Legion continuities, including but not limited to the Original Legion, Reboot Legion, and the Prime Legion. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Legion of Super-Heroes villains" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.